A coffee break roguelike is defined as:
* One can jump into the game as is – no reading of manuals, no learning of the keybindings
* The game is simple to learn (but may be hard to master)
* The game focuses on quality of elements instead of quantity
* It may be completed in a time period that would be considered “short” – something like up to a few hours
* A typical gameplay session is below an hour
Given my poor attention-holding abilities, I think if I limit myself to this I might be able to get a more solid game out than trying to plan ahead for 10 million features I may never implement. At the very least the first 3 of those sound like solid philosophies. ‘Course I’d also have to start actually programming again, heh.